Chanel No. 19

2015-03-21 14.49.08 (2)

Chanel No. 19 in the vintage eau de parfum form  (Chanel 1970) is pungent, chiseled, clear and green.  It’s supremely elegant, fresh and romantic.  Chanel No.19 is powerful but gentle.  It’s wild and free but delicate.

With my chemistry I detect particularly strong notes of neroli, greens, iris and vetiver.  Chanel No. 19 is a very likeable scent, but it needs to get acquainted with you first.  If you’ve never tried it, take a moment to let it interact with your chemistry.

Top notes: neroli, bergamot, and green notes.  Middle notes: narcissus, lily-of-the-valley, rose and iris.  Base notes: vetiver, sandalwood, leather and oakmoss.

—

Someday I hope to look back at this time in our lives and believe that the bad things, at least a lot of them, were used for the good.  And I hope to find that the good things were truly appreciated as much as possible.

The pasta dish I made for my in-laws went over quite well, despite the ratio of the white clam sauce to the linguini being a little off…   My husband’s fresh baked bread was enjoyed for it’s soft, flavorful perfection.   And despite the fact that it could have been better, the blueberry pie was pretty darn good if I do say so myself…

Sigh.

There are many things that need to change in our lives and your lives too, I’m sure, but for some reason I’m feeling hopeful lately…    I hope your week is ending well dear reader.  🙂

12 Comments Add yours

1. Atreyu Crimmins says:

What a gorgeous post. No. 19 is exquisite, I agree. Delighted to have discovered your blog. Warm wishes from London.

1. karrielinn says:

Thank you! You’re so kind! Yes. Chanel is hard to rival… 🙂 Warm wishes to you as well! 🙂 Thank you for all of your thoughtful comments and for following my blog. I truly appreciate it!

2. I don’t even want to read your poser blog (there’s something so hateful about you, you gotta admit) but being denied access annoys me. Twat.

1. This comment was about atreyu crimmins, not you, whoever you may be

2. karrielinn says:

I was soo soo confused… Thank you for taking time to clarify!

3. Cool blog, so weird to me the scent stuff, but like your tone of voice and the stuff underneath too. I’m pissed Atreyu Crimmins made her blog private and rejected my requests to follow, despite my faithful liking of her posts when it was public. Sorry, but, bitch. Unless I’m making some terrible mistake. Whatever. Look forward to your posts anyway. So some good has come from it!

4. karrielinn says:

Not everyone is into fragrance. Very true! Haha! Thank you for the follow and for these encouraging words about my tone! …Yeah… That is strange. I used to like her posts too. How did you end up commenting on my blog, by the way?

5. I do like how you write about it though. I’m convinced! Your post on Chanel no 19 was on the first page of google when I searched ‘Atreyu Crimmins’.

6. karrielinn says:

Thank you! I try… I like how you write too! Great blog! And I mean that sincerely too. Interesting that this is the first thing to come up… Haha! Thank you for commenting! Something good has clearly come out of it.. Oh dear. Gosh I wonder what happened to her… Haha! Thanks again. 🙂

2. Atreyu Crimmins says:

@treatwilliams . My blog is offline while I’m fixing it. I’m not sure why I deserve your vitriolic outburst (on someone else’s blog, no less) but have a lovely day 😀

1. karrielinn says:

Thank you for responding, Atreyu. I had no idea what was going on obviously… Thank you for explaining so graciously. I look forward to reading your blog when it is up again!! It has been missed…